Albert Handell: Mastering Pastels – Albert Handell
Video Length: 3 Hours, 22 Minutes
Highlights of this video course:
- A beautiful pastel painting demonstration
- Never-heard-before painting tips and tricks from the master himself
- The surprising positive side of watercolor accidents
- The “sky-holes” technique for shaping trees
- How to start a painting, finish a painting, and everything in between!
- Boost the “carrying power” of your paintings to draw viewers in
- An in-depth understanding of how warm colors “rise” and cool colors “drop”
- How to make enhanced composition changes as you paint
- Methods to eliminate “overworking” a painting
- Why watercolor and pastel is a perfect mix
- Create space with transparent and opaque colors
- Albert’s unique “Hunter-Gatherer” organizing strategy
- An insightful interview with Albert Handell
- A digital gallery of some of Albert’s best work
- BONUS: 2019 tribute video created to honor Albert as he was presented with PleinAir magazine’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- And much, much more!
You have the incredible opportunity to learn about pastel painting from Albert Handell, an art legend!
This is an amazing video course where Albert shares techniques, insights, and wisdom that he has gained through his seven decades as an artist.
You’ll watch how this master painter begins a painting, progresses through each stage, and how he decides when it is finished … allowing you to stop overworking your own paintings.
You’ll see how Handell harmonizes the transparent and opaque passages of the pastel — creating a delightful and pleasing composition.
He’ll show you how to maximize each and every color of the pastel by understanding its nature.
You’ll experience in-depth explanations of landscape proportions (demonstrations included!)
Albert even shares his secrets for grabbing a viewers’ attention, even from afar, and drawing them into the painting by amplifying its “carrying power.”
He offers you his best techniques on how to create exciting and dynamic paintings by avoiding boring placement.
You’ll learn how to “see through things” and know exactly how to strongly complete certain areas of the painting — critical to the composition.
One of the biggest benefits you’ll gain is how to maintain intentional variety and unity throughout your painting to keep the eyes of your viewers glued to your creation!
Don’t miss your chance to study pastel painting with Albert Handell.
- Introduction to Pastel Painting
- Variation on a Theme
- Lay Out the Composition
- Transparent Watercolor Underpainting
- Pastel Beginnings
- After the Block In
- Take it to the Finish
Time to add Albert Handell: Mastering Pastels – Albert Handell to cart – Let’s chat with us to get more discounts available!